- Congratulations Dr. Julie Robillard - New Associate Director, National Core for Neuroethics
- What can neuroethicists learn from public attitudes about moral bioenhancement?
- Brain Injury and the Civil Right We Don’t Think About
- Intelligent Curation: Improving Access to Quality Health Information Online
- A Feminist Neuroethics of Mental Health
- Dr. Peter Reiner quoted in Newsweek on the neuroethics of Elon Musk’s brain-machine interface adventure
- National Core for Neuroethics and Kids Brain Health Network hold successful community event to talk about brain health
- Dr. Judy Illes elected Vice Chair of the Standing Committee on Ethics for CIHR
- The Early Edition interviews Dr. Judy Illes on the ethics of brain mapping and neurotechnology
- An interview with Prof Judy Illes, President of the International Neuroethics Society
UBC academics worry officials pushing too hard on solution that doesn’t address root cause of the problem. Click the title to read more.
Vardit Ravitsky and Judy Illes provide a summary overview of progress being made at CIHR with respect to its ethics mandate. Click the title to read more.
A warning about poor advice, questionable motives. Core’s Dr. Julie Robillard studies the proliferating sources of online advice about Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, and based on the patterns she sees, has been spreading the message, “Let the reader beware.” Click the title to read more.
How ‘death by a thousand cuts’ is responsible for the leaky STEM pipeline. In the sciences, objectivity is prized because it allows us to uncover truths without the stain of personal biases. However, the rigour of scientific objectivity has yet to dominate the working environment of STEM fields. Click title to read more.
Just when we thought we had heard it all, now there is the head transplant. The Nov. 23 article in The Vancouver Sun (“Italian surgeon preparing patient for human head transplant by showing him how to walk again with VR”) … Click the title to read more.
Core’s Dr. Judy Illes featured at Ubyssey’s article, “On the Origin of Scientists: Neuroethicist Judy Illes”. Click the title to read more.
Core’s Dr. Judy Illes receives an award as part of The 2016 Stem Cell Network’s Impact Program Grant. Click the title to read more.
Like life itself, technologies evolve. So it is that the telephone became the smartphone, that near-at-hand portal to the information superhighway. Click the title to read more
Neurologists who conduct research on medicinal marijuana and neuroethicists respond to the guidelines by the Federation of State Medical Boards on how to approach patients who request prescriptions for medical marijuana. Click the title to read more.
At the Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health, Dr. Julie Robillard, assistant professor in the Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine at UBC, oversees research that brings together neuroethics and patient engagement. Click the title to read more.