- Brain patterns cannot reveal end-of-life decisions for patients with severe brain injuries
- Dr. Judy Illes nominated at the 34th YWCA Women of Distinction Awards
- Blood, brains and mushrooms: Neurocraft exhibition opens in Winnipeg
- Fixing fentanyl with naloxone alone won't work
- UBC’s beacons of hope in the war against Alzheimer’s disease
- Ethics at CIHR: Moving Forward
- Women in science: part II
- Opinion: Head transplant an unjustified ghoulish human experiment
- On the Origin of Scientists: Neuroethicist Judy Illes
- The Stem Cell Network 2016 Research Funding Results
Roundhouse Radio’s “Our City” with Kirk LaPointe features Core’s Dr. Julie Robillard to discuss Alzheimer disease and the ethics of online health information. Listen here: http://cirh.streamon.fm/listen-pl-489
UBC Graduate Studies’ “Meet our Students” features Core’s Shelly Benjaminy. Click the title to read more.
Pulse Headlines quotes Core’s Dr. Judy Illes in the article “Brain activity is as unique as fingerprints, study reveals”. CLick the title to read more.
CBC Radio’s “The Current” interviews Core’s Dr. Peter B. Reiner on its episode “Electrical brain stimulation moves from lab to home, experts wary”. Dr. Reiner speaks on the safety/regulation and implications of do-it-yourself electrical brain stimulation gadgets. Listen below: Source: CBC Radio, The Current, 13 October 2015 (http://www.cbc.ca/player/AudioMobile/The%2BCurrent/ID/2677037993/)
Core Alumna, Karen Jacob, featured at UBC Faculty of Medicine’s Back to School 2015 special. Read more about her here. Click the title to read more.
Research led by Dr. Laura Cabrera featured in a recent article, “If You Could Take a Pill to Improve Your Creativity, Would You?”, by io9 We Come From the Future blog.
UBC Work Learn features Core’s Tanya Feng and her experience as a Work Learn Student at the Core! Click the title to read more.
The Daily Beast quotes Core’s Dr. Peter B. Reiner on the implications of recent implant delivering drugs to the brain wirelessly. Click the title to read more.
Cody Lo and other young scientists respond to the role of postdocs in today’s research environment at the recent issue of NextGen VOICES by Science Magazine. Click the title to read more.
Core’s Dr. Judy Illes speaks at CBC’s Ontario Today June 24 edition on women in science and engineering. Podcast Source: CBC Radio: Ontario Today (June 24, 2015) http://www.cbc.ca/ontariotoday/episodes/