- Neurology Podcast: Reflections on Translation - Views of Participants in a Multi-Site Canadian CCSVI Clinical Trial
- Kristine Chapman and Judy Illes: Stem cells claims are ahead of the science
- People are searching for health information online, but is what they're finding useful?
- Milestone anniversary for neuroethics brings change, partnerships, and greater influence
- Governor General Julie Payette met with new Order of Canada & Order of British Columbia recipients
- Prof. Jennifer A. Chandler’s BC Almanac Interview on Medical Aid in Dying
- Five ways to reduce the physical harms of smartphone use
- CBC Radio's The Current features Dr. Peter B. Reiner
- If morals came in the form of a pill, would we use them?
- Dr. Judy Illes featured in the #SupportTheReport campaign
- The impact of technology on sleep
Core’s Dr. Peter Reiner shares his opinion on Do-It-Yourself transcranial direction current stimulation (tDCS) machines and its implications. Click the title to read more.
We are pleased to announce that our video submission for the 2014 IHDCYH Talks Video Competition has been chosen as one of the winners! View the complete list of awardees here: http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/48997.html
Company offering stem cell clinical trials responds to Drs. Judy Illes and Fabio Rossi’s article on Gordie Howe’s pursuit of stem cell treatment abroad. See Vancouver Sun article below: (open image to new tab to view larger version)
Article on how Gordie Howe’s family defends stem cell procedure to treat Mr. Hockey by Robin Erb of the Detroit Free Press
Using Twitter can help physicians be better prepared to answer questions from their patients, according to researchers from the University of British Columbia. The study, presented today at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), finds more and more health care professionals are embracing social media. Read more…
Core’s Dr. Judy Illes writes an opinion for The Vancouver Sun on Gordie Howe’s recent pursuit of stem cell treatment abroad and how this impacts research and informed choice. To read more on No Miracle Therapy for Stroke, click here.
Dr. Julie Robillard talks about gene therapy research and the importance of two-way communication in health research.
Core’s Dr Julie Robillard discusses the ethics of health information online and its credibility.
Core’s Dr. Peter Reiner featured in an article by Science News on DIY ‘head zappers’. Read more here.
Podcast: The validity of tests to diagnose Alzheimer’s (La validité des tests pour diagnostiquer l’Alzheimer)
Core’s Dr. Julie Robillard interviewed on online health info for Alzheimer at CBC’s Phare Ouest on Thursday, September 18, 2014. Click here to listen. http://ici.radio-canada.ca/emissions/phare_ouest/2014-2015/archives.asp?date=2014-09-18