- Podcast: BC Almanac Podcast: Dr. Peter Reiner on our relationship with smartphones
- UBC faculty among new appointments to the Order of Canada
- Martin Gleave and Judy Illes among 125 appointed to the Order of Canada
- Dr. Judy Illes Appointed as a Member of the Order of Canada
- Drs. Illes, Werker and Martin-Matthews Appointed to the Order of Canada
- Neuroethics Canada Wins First Place at 2018 Brain Awareness Week Sticker Design Contest
- Ask the Neuroethicist: When the Neurologist Does (or Does Not) Have the Duty to Disclose Neurogenetic Risk
- The First Neuroethics Meeting: Then and Now
- NIH announces awards for BRAIN Initiative neuroethics research
- Distinguished Research Leaders Join MSFHR’s Research Leaders Forum
Drs. Judy Illes, Ralph Matthews and Julie Robillard write on environmental neuorethics at a special article for the Vancouver Sun.
Core’s Dr. Peter Reiner and Nicholas Fitz featured at Radiolab Podcasts on access to “brain zappers” and its implications.
Online memory test developed by Toronto medical clinic aimed at a society increasingly worried over Alzheimer’s
Read Core’s Dr Julie Robillard’s comments on online tests for Alzheimers in the article by the National Post.
The Atlantic’s piece, “The Ethics of Erasing Bad Memories”, quotes Dr. Judy Illes on memories and its value on personhood.
Science News ‘s piece “U.S. BRAIN Initiative Gets Ethical Advice” quotes Core’s Dr. Judy Illes.
Research ranging from Latin poetry to neuroethics at the University of British Columbia has received an $8.5 million boost in federal funding for eight professors appointed or renewed as Canada Research Chairs….
Dr. Judy Illes on “In perilous pursuit of perfection : the ethics of neuroscience in sport”. Intellectual Muscle: University Dialogues for the Vancouver 2010 Games was developed by Vancouver 2010 and the University of British Columbia Continuing Studies in collaboration with universities across Canada and The Globe and Mail. Click here for more information. Listen to the […]
Core’s Dr. Judy Illes and Dr. Grace Lee featured at the Speaker’s Corner during NeuroDevNet’s Brain Development Conference 2013. Watch Dr. Illes’ spot at 0:17: Watch Dr. Lee’s spot at 0:28:
Dr. Joseph J. Fins on ” Orphans to History: A Response to the Bucharest Early Intervention Project Investigators” at the Bioethics Forum blog.