- Distinguished Research Leaders Join MSFHR’s Research Leaders Forum
- Congratulations Dr. Julie Robillard - New Associate Director, National Core for Neuroethics
- What can neuroethicists learn from public attitudes about moral bioenhancement?
- Brain Injury and the Civil Right We Don’t Think About
- Intelligent Curation: Improving Access to Quality Health Information Online
- A Feminist Neuroethics of Mental Health
- Dr. Peter Reiner quoted in Newsweek on the neuroethics of Elon Musk’s brain-machine interface adventure
- National Core for Neuroethics and Kids Brain Health Network hold successful community event to talk about brain health
- Dr. Judy Illes elected Vice Chair of the Standing Committee on Ethics for CIHR
- The Early Edition interviews Dr. Judy Illes on the ethics of brain mapping and neurotechnology
Last week, on August 2nd, the Multi-Council Working Group (MCWG) for the NIH BRAIN Initiative met with directors and staff from the 10 NIH Institutes and Centers supporting the Initiative. The MCWG is an external group of scientific experts that provides oversight of the long-term scientific vision … Click the title to read more.
Core’s Dr. Peter B. Reiner speaks with Carol Off and Jeff Douglas at CBC’s As It Happens last Friday, July 15, 2016 about the risks of D-I-Y transcranial direct current stimulation. Click the title for more.
Dr. Judy Illes re-appointed Associate Faculty in the School of Population and Public Health for 2016-2020
We are pleased to announce that Core’s Dr. Judy Illes has been re-appointed as Associate Faculty at UBC’s School of Population and Public Health (SPPH). This reappointment allows for further academic service and research collaboration between the National Core for Neuroethics and SPPH.
Core’s Dr. Judy Illes and Dr. Lara Specker Sullivan mentioned at PrimeMind’s recent article on self-experimentation and its implications. Click the title to read more.
Podcast: BBC World Service interviews Dr. Judy Illes on the upcoming Olympics and concerns over the Zika virus
As a follow up to The Washington Post’s article on experts saying that Olympics must be moved or postponed because of the Zika virus, Core’s Dr. Judy Illes speaks at the May 28, 2016 (0606 BST) episode of the BBC World Service. Listen to the interview here (4min 15sec):
More than 100 prominent physicians, bioethicists and scientists from around the world posted a letter Friday urging World Health Organization Director-General Margaret Chan to exert pressure on Olympic authorities to move the Olympics from Rio de Janeiro or delay the Games because of public health concerns over the Zi… Click the title to read more.
Click the title to read more.
Core’s Dr. Peter B. Reiner speaks at the April 27, 2016 episode of The Current, which explores ‘calm technology’ and speaks to technological pioneers who say our devices should learn to respect our time and attention. Click the title to read more and listen to the podcast.
On March 29, the Ontario Ministry of Child and Youth Services announced spending of $333 million for early services for families and children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. Click the title to read more.
We are thrilled to announce that Dr. Patrick McDonald has joined the National Core for Neuroethics as a Core Faculty member. Dr. McDonald, Associate Professor of Surgery at UBC and Head of the Division of Neurosurgery at BC Children’s Hospital, is a Clinical Investigator at the Child and Family Research Institute. After completing his MD […]