- Five ways to reduce the physical harms of smartphone use
- CBC Radio's The Current features Dr. Peter B. Reiner
- If morals came in the form of a pill, would we use them?
- Dr. Judy Illes featured in the #SupportTheReport campaign
- The impact of technology on sleep
- Canadian Filipino wins global sticker design contest for Brain Awareness Week 2018
- Neuroethics Women to Watch features Dr. Judy Illes
- Podcast: BC Almanac Podcast: Dr. Peter Reiner on our relationship with smartphones
- UBC faculty among new appointments to the Order of Canada
- Martin Gleave and Judy Illes among 125 appointed to the Order of Canada
- Dr. Judy Illes Appointed as a Member of the Order of Canada
CBC Radio’s The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti discusses the ethics of new (invasive) technologies that appear to improve memory with Core’s Dr. Peter B. Reiner. Listen to the conversation below (start at 31:20 mark).
Neuroethics Canada’s Dr. Judy Illes explains why she is participating in the #SupportTheReport campaign! Watch the video here: For more information on #SupportTheReport, visit: https://supportthereport.ca/
The 15th anniversary of what is widely viewed as the first neuroethics conference, “Neuroethics: Mapping the Field” was celebrated in 2017. The meeting was held in San Francisco, organized by the University of California and Stanford, and sponsored by the Dana Foundation. Click the title to read more.
Wherein lies the promise versus the hype, when discussing the latest in brain-related research and neurotechnology? Have we considered patient justice? Is actionable data actually available? Click the title to read more.
With sexual harassment and bullying dominating headlines, many people may be wondering what interventions the public would support to prevent immoral and harmful behaviours. Answering this question is the subject of a recent study led by Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute researcher Peter Reiner. Click the title to read more.
Global News’s Linda Aylesworth reports on the impacts of technology on sleep and features Core’s Dr. Peter Reiner.
Canadian Filipino Net features Core’s Marianne Claire Bacani and her winning 2018 Brain Awareness Week sticker design. Click the title to read more.
The Neuroethics Blog by Emory University published its Neuroethics Women to Watch post featuring Core’s Dr. Judy Illes! Click the title to read more.
BC Almanac podcast on January 11, 2018 features Core’s Dr. Peter Reiner on people’s relationship with their smartphones. Click the title to listen to the podcast.
On December 29, 2017, Her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General of Canada, announced 125 new appointments to the Order of Canada. These appointments include six current and former UBC faculty members and two members of UBC advisory councils. Congratulations to all new appointees. Click the title to read more.