- If morals came in the form of a pill, would we use them?
- Dr. Judy Illes featured in the #SupportTheReport campaign
- The impact of technology on sleep
- Canadian Filipino wins global sticker design contest for Brain Awareness Week 2018
- Neuroethics Women to Watch features Dr. Judy Illes
- Podcast: BC Almanac Podcast: Dr. Peter Reiner on our relationship with smartphones
- UBC faculty among new appointments to the Order of Canada
- Martin Gleave and Judy Illes among 125 appointed to the Order of Canada
- Dr. Judy Illes Appointed as a Member of the Order of Canada
- Drs. Illes, Werker and Martin-Matthews Appointed to the Order of Canada
- Neuroethics Canada Wins First Place at 2018 Brain Awareness Week Sticker Design Contest
Dr. Joseph J. Fins writes “Brain Injury and the Civil Right We Don’t Think About” on The Opinion Pages of The New York Times (Aug 24, 2017). Click the title to read more.
We are thrilled to announce the appointment of Dr. Julie Robillard, Assistant Professor of Neurology, as Associate Director of the National Core for Neuroethics at UBC effective September 1, 2017. Dr. Robillard’s research focus is on the experience of health care innovation in dementia and mental health, and on the integration of artificial intelligence to […]
Core’s Dr. Julie Robillard and her team, including collaborator Dr. Jesse Hoey from the University of Waterloo, work toward improving acess to quality online health information. Click the title to read more.
The Neuroethics Blog features Dr. Ann E. Fink’s essay that explores how a feminist neuroethics framework enriches biological research into mental health. Click the title to read more.
Dr. Peter Reiner quoted in Newsweek on the neuroethics of Elon Musk’s brain-machine interface adventure
In April, the Silicon Valley billionaire announced plans to launch Neuralink—a company developing a brain-to-machine interface to cure brain ailments and help people compete with robots when the artificial intelligence revolution makes human brains obsolete. Featuring in the article, Dr. Peter Reiner talks about the ethics of neurotechnology, privacy of thought, and reason bypassing. Click […]