See main posting here: PDF
A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available immediately for a highly motivated PhD graduate to join a dynamic research team devoted to issues related to brain health, technology and patient experience. The position is based out of BC Children’s and Women’s Hospital in Vancouver, BC. The successful individual will work closely with the Principal Investigator, the Alzheimer’s Society of BC, and other members of the Project Team to explore the strengths and areas for improvement of a provincial dementia support program.
The responsibilities of this position will focus on the design and implementation of a research-based program evaluation using a diverse array of methods to characterize benefits, harms, and areas for improvement of a dementia support service, and on the development of evidence-based recommendations for program improvement.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop a research-based program evaluation strategy and work with the PI and Steering Committee to implement the research program using a range of qualitative and quantitate methods.
- Conduct data collection with a focus on the capture of stakeholder perspectives (e.g., persons with dementia, caregivers, health care providers).
- Carry out analysis and interpretation of data to inform research, practice, and policy-making.
- Participate in laboratory meetings, seminars and journal clubs and other academic events.
- Prepare peer-reviewed manuscripts, grant proposals, media resources and outreach materials, and attend conferences and present results as funding permits.
- Provide supervision to other team members (e.g., undergraduate and graduate students).
- Serve as the liaison between the research team and the project Steering Committee.
- Participate in other brain health and technology-related research as appropriate.
Interested individuals with a PhD (obtained in the last 5 years), a strong publication record, and excellent academic credentials are encouraged to apply. A background in a relevant discipline, such as but not limited to neuroscience, public health, psychology, medical sociology, or social work is required.
Please submit a cover letter, a brief statement of your research interests and career goals, curriculum vitae, and the names of three referees willing to provide letters of reference by April 28, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. All information should be sent electronically to: Julie.email@example.com using the subject line “Postdoctoral Fellowship Application”.