- 9-year-old girl first child in Canada to undergo deep brain stimulation for epilepsy
- Dr. Judy Illes invested into the Order of Canada
- Drs. Tony J. Prescott and Julie Robillard respond to The BMJ's article, "David Oliver: Will robotic automation solve social care?"
- Core's Dr. Judy Illes Presides Citizenship Ceremony at UBC Life Sciences
- Iris Coates McCall and Caitlin Courchesne receive awards at the 2018 International Neuroethics Society Annual Meeting
- Judy Illes awarded the 2018 Patricia Price Browne Prize in Biomedical Ethics
- Dr. Judy Illes awarded the 2018 Patricia Price Browne Prize in Biomedical Ethics
- Neuroethics Questions to Guide Ethical Research in the International Brain Initiatives
- Dr. Fabio Rossi and Dr. Judy Illes: A consensus is building on how to move forward on stem cells
- Congratulations to Dr. Jehannine Austin, Neuroethics Scientific Advisory Board member, on being recognized at the 2018 Faculty of Medicine Awards!
- Principlism on a Pedestal: Rethinking priorities in ethics education
- UBC-led team will develop strategy for navigating new treatment options for pediatric epilepsy
In celebration of World Alzheimer Day, Radio Canada’s Boulevard du Pacifique interviews Core’s Dr. Julie Robillard to talk about Alzheimer disease. Listen to the interview at: 5:15PM (Vancouver) Monday September 21, 2015 http://ici.radio-canada.ca/emissions/boulevard_du_pacifique/2015-2016/index.asp
Monday, 28 September 2015 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT) Upper Egg, The Nest 6133 University Boulevard Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1 Join Dr. Judy Illes, Dr. Liisa Galea, and Dr. Jehannine Austin for an evening of discussion around the challenges and opportunties for women in neuroscience. Learn how women are changing the way they’re […]
University of Ottawa Brain and Mind Research Institute presents: Brain Health Awareness Week September 14-19, 2015 University of Ottawa, Main Campus Join free week-long series of events offered by the University of Ottawa Brain and Mind Research Institute, a leader in neuroscience research and treatment of brain disorders. See poster below:
The Harvard Medical School’s Center for Bioethics invites you to attend the Intensive Bioethics Course in Zurich [ZIBC] being held November 13-15, 2015. This 3-day course has been developed by the Institute of Biomedical Ethics and History of Medicine at the University of Zurich, along with the ethics program at the University Hospital in Zurich, […]
Hosted by Human Early Learning Partnership (HELP) Friday, May 1, 2015, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM (PDT) 2206 East Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3 You are invited to join us for a forum on empowering Bedouin Women in Israel which will also look at BGU’s unique experience in advancing women in science. We are honoured […]
The UBC Neurology Club & Mental Health Awareness Club (MHAC) are inviting professionals in different fields such as psychiatry, psychology, counselling, neurology and more to speak about their career paths.
Disruptions of Consciousness 6:00 PM Monday, March 16, 2015 Paetzold Auditorium, Vancouver General Hospital Speakers: Adrian Byram, MSc ~ Neuroethics researcher on Severe Brain Injury Dr. Alan Bates, MD, PhD ~ Psychiatrist on Delirium Dr. Mark Ansermino, MMed, MSc, FRCPC ~ Anesthesiologist on Levels of Consciousness Free wine and cheese reception to follow To RSVP […]
Improving the brain through technology: What is there to know and why should we care? In celebration of the National Health Ethics Week, the National Core for Neuroethics will be hosting an outreach event to discuss new brain technologies that seek to improve learning and their implications for society. In this interactive 1-hour session, we […]
The 38th annual B.C. Neuroscience Day will be held on Friday, March 6, 2015 at the Paetzold Auditorium at Vancouver General Hospital, beginning at 9:00 am. This year the presentations will include the following: Invited speakers giving ‘expert’ talks on a variety of neurological fields with an emphasis on basic science, Professor Philippe Coubes will […]
On behalf of Dr. Valorie Crooks (Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research), you are invited to the screening of: Tales From the Organ Trade Tuesday, March 10, 2015 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM Asia Pacific Hall, Centre for Dialogue, 580 W. Hastings, Vancouver This Canadian documentary provides an unprecedented view on the global black market […]