- 9-year-old girl first child in Canada to undergo deep brain stimulation for epilepsy
- Dr. Judy Illes invested into the Order of Canada
- Drs. Tony J. Prescott and Julie Robillard respond to The BMJ's article, "David Oliver: Will robotic automation solve social care?"
- Core's Dr. Judy Illes Presides Citizenship Ceremony at UBC Life Sciences
- Iris Coates McCall and Caitlin Courchesne receive awards at the 2018 International Neuroethics Society Annual Meeting
- Judy Illes awarded the 2018 Patricia Price Browne Prize in Biomedical Ethics
- Dr. Judy Illes awarded the 2018 Patricia Price Browne Prize in Biomedical Ethics
- Neuroethics Questions to Guide Ethical Research in the International Brain Initiatives
- Dr. Fabio Rossi and Dr. Judy Illes: A consensus is building on how to move forward on stem cells
- Congratulations to Dr. Jehannine Austin, Neuroethics Scientific Advisory Board member, on being recognized at the 2018 Faculty of Medicine Awards!
- Principlism on a Pedestal: Rethinking priorities in ethics education
- UBC-led team will develop strategy for navigating new treatment options for pediatric epilepsy
Global News’s Linda Aylesworth reports on the impacts of technology on sleep and features Core’s Dr. Peter Reiner.
Canadian Filipino Net features Core’s Marianne Claire Bacani and her winning 2018 Brain Awareness Week sticker design. Click the title to read more.
The Neuroethics Blog by Emory University published its Neuroethics Women to Watch post featuring Core’s Dr. Judy Illes! Click the title to read more.
BC Almanac podcast on January 11, 2018 features Core’s Dr. Peter Reiner on people’s relationship with their smartphones. Click the title to listen to the podcast.
On December 29, 2017, Her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General of Canada, announced 125 new appointments to the Order of Canada. These appointments include six current and former UBC faculty members and two members of UBC advisory councils. Congratulations to all new appointees. Click the title to read more.
Dr. Judy Illes is the Canada Research Chair in Neuroethics at the University of British Columbia. She is Director of the National Core for Neuroethics at UBC, and faculty in the Brain Research Centre and the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute. Click the title to read more.
On Friday, December 29, Her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General of Canada, announced 125 new appointments to the Order of Canada. Three Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health members were included in this year’s appointments. Dr. Anne Martin-Matthews and Dr. Janet Werker were appointed Officers of the Order of Canada. Click the […]
Neuroethics Canada’s Dr. Judy Illes has been appointed as a member of the Order of Canada for her contributions to the field of neurology, including pioneering research that has highlighted the ethical, social and legal implications of advances in neuroscience. Click the title to read more.
Neuroethics Canada is pleased to share that our submission for the 2018 Brain Awareness Week (BAW) Sticker Design Contest won first place and has been chosen as the face of next year’s festivities! We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and votes! You can read more about our in-house brain illustrator, […]
Neuroethics Canada is excited to share that our entry for the 2018 Brain Awareness Week Sticker Design Contest has been chosen as 1 of the top 5 finalists! Our design, as seen below, was created by our in-house “brain illustrator”, Marianne Bacani, as a representation of the diverse and festive annual worldwide celebration of the […]