- Dr. Julie Robillard is recognized by the ALS Society of BC for her leadership initiatives
- Call for Abstracts: 7th International Conference on Ethics Education
- Loupventures Neurotech Podcast features Core's Iris Coates McCall
- Half of Canadians can't name a woman scientist or engineer, poll finds
- Women in health, science and innovation are collaborating globally
- Neuroethics to form foundation of multi-pillar Canadian Brain Research Strategy
- Dr. B. Lynn Beattie inducted into the 2019 Vancouver Coastal Health Medical Staff Hall of Honour
- More oversight needed for consumer brain stimulation devices
- 9-year-old girl first child in Canada to undergo deep brain stimulation for epilepsy
- Dr. Judy Illes invested into the Order of Canada
- Drs. Tony J. Prescott and Julie Robillard respond to The BMJ's article, "David Oliver: Will robotic automation solve social care?"
- Core's Dr. Judy Illes Presides Citizenship Ceremony at UBC Life Sciences
The Governor General Julie Payette met with new Order of Canada & Order of British Columbia recipients, including Core’s Dr. Judy Illes. Photo by: MCpl Vincent Carbonneau, Rideau Hall https://www.gg.ca/gallery.aspx?ID=11787
Globe and Mail’s article on smartphone use quotes Core’s Dr. Peter B. Reiner. Click the title to read more.
CBC Radio’s The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti discusses the ethics of new (invasive) technologies that appear to improve memory with Core’s Dr. Peter B. Reiner. Listen to the conversation below (start at 31:20 mark).
Neuroethics Canada’s Dr. Judy Illes explains why she is participating in the #SupportTheReport campaign! Watch the video here: For more information on #SupportTheReport, visit: https://supportthereport.ca/
The 15th anniversary of what is widely viewed as the first neuroethics conference, “Neuroethics: Mapping the Field” was celebrated in 2017. The meeting was held in San Francisco, organized by the University of California and Stanford, and sponsored by the Dana Foundation. Click the title to read more.
Wherein lies the promise versus the hype, when discussing the latest in brain-related research and neurotechnology? Have we considered patient justice? Is actionable data actually available? Click the title to read more.
With sexual harassment and bullying dominating headlines, many people may be wondering what interventions the public would support to prevent immoral and harmful behaviours. Answering this question is the subject of a recent study led by Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute researcher Peter Reiner. Click the title to read more.
Global News’s Linda Aylesworth reports on the impacts of technology on sleep and features Core’s Dr. Peter Reiner.
Canadian Filipino Net features Core’s Marianne Claire Bacani and her winning 2018 Brain Awareness Week sticker design. Click the title to read more.
The Neuroethics Blog by Emory University published its Neuroethics Women to Watch post featuring Core’s Dr. Judy Illes! Click the title to read more.