- Congratulations Dr. Julie Robillard - New Associate Director, National Core for Neuroethics
- What can neuroethicists learn from public attitudes about moral bioenhancement?
- Brain Injury and the Civil Right We Don’t Think About
- Intelligent Curation: Improving Access to Quality Health Information Online
- A Feminist Neuroethics of Mental Health
- Dr. Peter Reiner quoted in Newsweek on the neuroethics of Elon Musk’s brain-machine interface adventure
- National Core for Neuroethics and Kids Brain Health Network hold successful community event to talk about brain health
- Dr. Judy Illes elected Vice Chair of the Standing Committee on Ethics for CIHR
- The Early Edition interviews Dr. Judy Illes on the ethics of brain mapping and neurotechnology
- An interview with Prof Judy Illes, President of the International Neuroethics Society
28 January 2016 Dear INS Members, Partners, and Friends, I am honored to become the third President of the International Neuroethics Society and to lead our interdisciplinary, global organization into a second and exciting decade of scholarship, action, and impact. The flood of findings from brain research generates an ever-increasing range of neuroethical challenges that […]
ICI Radio Canada interviews Core’s Dr. Julie Robillard on the ethics of crowd-funding for medical research in the L’heure du Monde Jan 13, 2016 episode. Listen here: http://ici.radio-canada.ca/emissions/l_heure_du_monde/2015-2016/archives.asp?date=2016/01/13&indTime=2534&idmedia=7409463
Fourth year BSc. Pharmacology student and research associate at the National Core of Neuroethics, Cody Lo was recently recognized as a Wesbrook scholar and awarded the Carl Bradford Robertson Premier scholarship. These awards are the University’s most prestigious designations and are given to senior undergraduate students with outstanding academic performance, leadership, and involvement in student […]
Roundhouse Radio’s “Our City” with Kirk LaPointe features Core’s Dr. Julie Robillard to discuss Alzheimer disease and the ethics of online health information. Listen here: http://cirh.streamon.fm/listen-pl-489
UBC Graduate Studies’ “Meet our Students” features Core’s Shelly Benjaminy. Click the title to read more.
Pulse Headlines quotes Core’s Dr. Judy Illes in the article “Brain activity is as unique as fingerprints, study reveals”. CLick the title to read more.
CBC Radio’s “The Current” interviews Core’s Dr. Peter B. Reiner on its episode “Electrical brain stimulation moves from lab to home, experts wary”. Dr. Reiner speaks on the safety/regulation and implications of do-it-yourself electrical brain stimulation gadgets. Listen below: Source: CBC Radio, The Current, 13 October 2015 (http://www.cbc.ca/player/AudioMobile/The%2BCurrent/ID/2677037993/)
Core Alumna, Karen Jacob, featured at UBC Faculty of Medicine’s Back to School 2015 special. Read more about her here. Click the title to read more.
Research led by Dr. Laura Cabrera featured in a recent article, “If You Could Take a Pill to Improve Your Creativity, Would You?”, by io9 We Come From the Future blog.
UBC Work Learn features Core’s Tanya Feng and her experience as a Work Learn Student at the Core! Click the title to read more.