- National Core for Neuroethics and Kids Brain Health Network hold successful community event to talk about brain health
- Dr. Judy Illes elected Vice Chair of the Standing Committee on Ethics for CIHR
- The Early Edition interviews Dr. Judy Illes on the ethics of brain mapping and neurotechnology
- An interview with Prof Judy Illes, President of the International Neuroethics Society
- Is the media landscape changing faster than science communication can keep up?
- Science and society must collaborate in setting research agenda
- Brain patterns cannot reveal end-of-life decisions for patients with severe brain injuries
- Dr. Judy Illes nominated at the 34th YWCA Women of Distinction Awards
- Blood, brains and mushrooms: Neurocraft exhibition opens in Winnipeg
- Fixing fentanyl with naloxone alone won't work
UBC Graduate Studies’ “Meet our Students” features Core’s Shelly Benjaminy. Click the title to read more.
Pulse Headlines quotes Core’s Dr. Judy Illes in the article “Brain activity is as unique as fingerprints, study reveals”. CLick the title to read more.
CBC Radio’s “The Current” interviews Core’s Dr. Peter B. Reiner on its episode “Electrical brain stimulation moves from lab to home, experts wary”. Dr. Reiner speaks on the safety/regulation and implications of do-it-yourself electrical brain stimulation gadgets. Listen below: Source: CBC Radio, The Current, 13 October 2015 (http://www.cbc.ca/player/AudioMobile/The%2BCurrent/ID/2677037993/)
Core Alumna, Karen Jacob, featured at UBC Faculty of Medicine’s Back to School 2015 special. Read more about her here. Click the title to read more.
Research led by Dr. Laura Cabrera featured in a recent article, “If You Could Take a Pill to Improve Your Creativity, Would You?”, by io9 We Come From the Future blog.
UBC Work Learn features Core’s Tanya Feng and her experience as a Work Learn Student at the Core! Click the title to read more.
The Daily Beast quotes Core’s Dr. Peter B. Reiner on the implications of recent implant delivering drugs to the brain wirelessly. Click the title to read more.
Cody Lo and other young scientists respond to the role of postdocs in today’s research environment at the recent issue of NextGen VOICES by Science Magazine. Click the title to read more.
Core’s Dr. Judy Illes speaks at CBC’s Ontario Today June 24 edition on women in science and engineering. Podcast Source: CBC Radio: Ontario Today (June 24, 2015) http://www.cbc.ca/ontariotoday/episodes/
Gordie Howe’s family says he has gone ‘for daily walks and helps out around the house’ at his son Murray’s home in Ohio since undergoing a second stem cell treatment this month. Click the title to read more.